Revised from Teach-nology.com- The Web Portal For Educators! (www.teach-nology.com)
Behavior and Weekly Grade
CONTRACT FOR BEING DISRESPECTFUL OR DISRUPTIVE
Please copy the paragraphs written below once as soon as it is given to you. If you choose not to complete the contract now, plan to take it home and copy the paragraph and then get your guardian to sign it. Failure to return this contract will result in a phone call home and student will be placed on a Personal Discipline Contract.
I have been asked to copy this paragraph because I was being disrespectful or disruptive in my art class. I would rather cooperate and copy this paragraph than get an office referral. My teacher believes that I was disrupting class by choosing not to behave appropriately. Appropriate behavior means following the art room rules:
1. I will follow directions the first time they are given.
2. I will take care of ALL art materials (and school facility) -- use tools as demonstrated. Respect all property (including my own).
3. I will keep my hands, feet and objects to myself. I WILL NOT CHEW GUM.
4. I will be to class on time--AND PREPARED WITH PENCIL. I will stay in assigned seat or area unless given permission to do otherwise.
5. I will work QUIETLY on projects and use time wisely (NO SOCIALIZING). I will respect others at all times.
6. I will ALWAYS clean up after myself.
I was not following all of those rules. To avoid completing more contracts in the future, I plan to make an effort to be more respectful to my teacher and my classmates. I will not disrupt art by misusing materials, being out of my seat, or talking when I am not supposed to. If I get a total of two contracts, I will have a phone call home from my teacher. If I have a total of three contracts, I will have an office referral. This contract is a reminder for me to make more of an effort to behave in art. I am responsible for completing my assignments without disturbing others and cleaning up my mess when I am finished working. From now on I will try harder to do what is expected of me. My classmates deserve to have a quality art education and I will do my part to insure that they get one. I will put forth more effort to make better use of my class time so my art instructor will have more time to help students with assignments. Disciplining students for their behavior takes up much of my instructor's time. I would rather receive praise –and spend my time making and learning about art than write more of these paragraphs.
This is my ______ offense. Parent Signature:________________________________ Date:__________
(Submitter unknown. If you submitted this, let me know)